Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Final stages of the hull construction

Ready for the decking.

The flooring and seats installed with cutouts for storage.

Installing doublers under the seat edge.

Installing doublers under the transom front. I have made cutouts for small round access hatches in all of the seats.

I installed a compression post under the mast step.

The beginnings of the tiller made out of Huon Pine.
I have reached the stage where I must finish the interior painting and then I can install the coamings. Then the hull will be complete.

The deflector on the fore deck was guite tricky to build and I would like to have made it angled forward but that was more than I could manage, or perhaps I was just too lazy. I still have to buy timber for the rubbing strakes and then install them.

No comments:

Post a Comment